Welcome Dan Ahdoot:
We’re joined on the Starline by actor, comedian who has never done standup in Hawaii, pre-med student and shy foodie. You’ve seen him on Cobra Kai and Kickin’ It. His latest project deals with if the front of your fridge tells who you are in “Raid the Fridge”. We welcome Dan Ahdoot.
Dan, let’s go Beyond the Mic Raid the Fridge isn’t the typical everyone has the same ingredients to cook show.
Why was this fun for you?
Would you ever consider doing a Raid the Fridge round against your judges?
With everyone being stuck in home for the pandemic, how hard was it for you? Known for being on the road 200 nights every year to nothing. Now it’s you and home and isolation. Did you get a lot of writing done?
The Rockin’ 8:
It’s time for the Rockin’ 8, 8 random questions; answer with the first thing that comes to your mind. There is no Pressure Dan.
1. Which dish you’ve failed many times cooking? Why?
2. Yes or no…after being on Cobra Kai, were you ever tempted to learn Karate?
3. Your podcast Green Eggs and Dan has been on a history kick the last month. Why is food history so interesting to you?
4. What is your perfect birthday cake?
5. What is one nervous habit you do when you are on airplane?
6. If you could live abroad for one year for work, where would you want to live?
7. Dogs or cats?
8. Flavor of Jello shots you want to do with Guy Fieri?
One Big Question:
How has your parents and family helped you with your love of food and what’s the one family dish you have to master and pass on to the future generation of Ahdoot’s?
How has comedy changed, in some cases, and weakened by society further splitting apart?
Dan Ahdoot’s perfect cake is carrot cake, prefers Ju-Jitsu and walks up and down the aisle when nervous on an airplane. His show “Raid the Fridge” is on Food Network and we thank him for joining us.
And that my friends is a Beyond the Mic Short Cut.
Check out Dan’s Website here.
Listen to other Beyond the Mic Conversations with Actors here.
Listen to other Beyond the Mic Conversations with Comedians here.