Join us for an exclusive interview with the talented author and actor, Melissa Gilbert! 🎙🌟 discover the reason why she left Hollywood and is happier knitting or crosstitching. We delve into her new book “Back to the Prairie” and Melissa DESTROYS the Rockin’ 8 in the next Beyond the Mic with Sean Dillon.
We’re joined on the Starline by an actress, advocate, director, producer, politician and former president of the Screen Actors Guild and OG half pint. Her latest book is “Back to the Prairie”, we welcome Melissa Gilbert.
Melissa, let’s go Beyond the Mic. Your husband Timothy says “she don’t have an iota of prairie in her”. How has your life evolved from the Hollywood hustle and politics to the peace and quiet in the Catskills?
Why did the pandemic quarantine help you and your family?
You say in your book “I had to stop in order to move forward”. You have faced adversity in so many ways, and yet you stopped and moved forward. Where did you get the strength and the hutzpah to keep going?
The Rockin’ 8:
It’s time for the Rockin’ 8, 8 random questions; answer with the first thing that comes to your mind. There is no Pressure.
1. What personality trait do you dislike the most?
2. Could you live without electricity for a week?
3. Best thing about your rescue dog Chicago?
4. Best thing you have eaten from your garden?
5. The one thing you want to pass on to your grandchildren?
6. The one thing in your morning routine you try to skip?
7. What food is romantic to you?
8. In your book while trying to scare a bear away from your house, you got stung by a yellow jacket, then recently you were in the hospital from another sting. One are you better now and two are you second guessing nature?
One Big Question:
As former president of the Screen Actors Guild, what are your thoughts on the Writer’s Guild Strike and why is this fight important for creators everywhere?
Are you scared about AI?
She wants to pass kindness onto her grandchildren, loves her rescue dog’s heart and wants you to read her book “Back to the Prairie” Melissa Gilbert, thanks for taking the time to talk with us today.
And that my friends is a Beyond the Mic Short Cut.
Listen to other Beyond the Mic conversations with authors here.
Check out Melissa on Instagram here.