Her husband can dance well, she wants to open a bookstore with a bakery in it and wants you to read her book “Eat Everything”. Dr. Dawn Harris Sherling steps up to the kitchen table with a Beyond the Mic Short Cut.
Welcome Dawn Harris Sherling:
We’re joined on the Starline by a former instructor in medicine at Harvard University and graduate of Yale School of Medicine. She wrote her book “Eat Everything” after her own physical battle. We welcome author Dawn Harris Sherling.
Dr. Sherling, let’s go Beyond the Mic. Americans suffer from high levels of diabetes and obesity, and millions suffer from digestive disorders. How did your own battle with IBS inspire you to help others?
How hard is it to get the fresh foods like you could get in Italy?
After starting on your first book, you put it off for years due to life. How did switching from a journalist’s to a doctor’s perspective help you write “Not Quite Dead”?
My personal favorite from the recipe section is the salmon with bruschetta topping. What’s your go to dish?
The Rockin’ 8:
It’s time for the Rockin’ 8, 8 random questions; answer with the first thing that comes to your mind. There is no Pressure.
1. You met your husband during residencies. Other than being sleep deprived, what’s the one thing that caught your eye about him?
2. Which is your go to fruit and veggie?
3. What’s the most likely thing your daughter wants when she starts a sentence with “Can I get you anything else, beautiful birth-giver”?
4. What’s your one food weakness?
5. You almost changed your major to chemistry, what held you back?
6. What makes Daniel Silva such an inspiring writer for you
7. You once had a dream of a bookstore that also sold cookies. What would be the signature cookie in your bookstore?
8. Biggest secret that patients are unaware of about medicine?
One Big Question:
What are your expectations for healthcare in the future and has it recovered from the strain of the pandemic?
Doctors really care about their patients, she loves chocolate and blueberries and wants you to read her book “Eat Everything” Dr. Dawn Harris Sherling, thank you for taking the time to talk with us today.
And that my friends is a Beyond the Mic Short Cut.
Listen to other Beyond the Mic conversations with authors here.
Listen to other Beyond the Mic conversations with doctors here.
Check out Dr. Dawn Harris Sherling at her website here.