Dive into laughter with Craig Ferguson on Beyond the Mic. Explore joy, sobriety, and comedy’s evolution.
Welcome Craig Ferguson:
We’re joined on the Starline by multiple Grammy nominated, Peabody and Emmy Award-winning actor, writer, producer, director, comedian and bestselling author. His latest project is looking for Joy. Host of “Joy, a Podcast” we welcome Craig Ferguson.
Let’s go Beyond the Mic. Craig, what’s Joy to you?
You’ve been sober for over 31 years. Have the dark moments been overshadowed by 31 years of light?
The Rockin’ 8:
It’s time for the Rockin’ 8, 8 random questions, answer with the first thing that comes to your mind. There is no Pressure.
1. Best thing about your wife Megan?
2. First set of drums you ever owned?
3. Favorite of all the Doctors of Doctor Who?
4. Best place to see a sunrise in Scotland?
5. Favorite episode of Mythbusters?
6. Best memory of your dad?
7. Best side dish for Haggis ?
8. February 8th, 2010 your first tweet was “The fact that I am twitter probably means its on the way out” Would you like to revise and extend your remarks?
The Back Half:
How has the current SAG / AFTRA strike changed the way you see your industry?
How has your own attempts of killing yourself and subsequent achievement of success change the way you define joy?
One Big Question:
How has your thoughts of comedy changed from the comedy circuits of UK to television to the pandemic to today?
He likes turnips with his Haggis, misses his Pearl hybrid metal drum kit and wants you to listen to “Joy: A Podcast” Craig Ferguson thanks for taking the time to talk with us today
And that my friends is a Beyond the Mic Short Cut.
Check out other Beyond the Mic conversations with actors here.
Listen to other Beyond the Mic conversations with comedians here.
Check out Craig out on tour today.