Tune in to Beyond the Mic Podcast for an exclusive interview with renowned humorist and Pulitzer Prize winner, Dave Barry, as he delves into his first book in a decade, “Swamp Story.” Discover how his love for Florida shaped this wild tale, and why the Sunshine State is a hotbed for incredible stories. Join us for a Rockin’ 8, where Dave shares intriguing insights, from powerlifting feats to his first guitar.
We’re joined on the Starline by renowned humor columnist, Pulitzer Prize winner and reclusive writer with his 1st book in 10 years “Swamp Story”. We welcome author Dave Barry.
Dave, let’s go Beyond the Mic. How has your love of Florida influenced “Swamp Story”?
There are more than 21 million people in Florida. Some days it feels that Florida should be really called Flori-duh. Why do these incredibly wild stories seem to find the SunshineState?
Why was writing this book so much fun?
The Rockin’ 8:
It’s time for the Rockin’ 8, 8 random questions; answer with the first thing that comes to your mind. There is no Pressure.
1. You once lifted an incredible 4,082,331.33 centigrams. Did your incredible feats of strength continued while writing this book?
2. First guitar you ever bought?
3. Do you know the difference between a croc and a gator?
4. Ever gone through a corn maze voluntarily?
5. Best Western of all time?
6. Is there a better band name than Mysterious Toilet Vegetables?
7. Which celebrity do you miss the most?
8. How long did it take to narrate the audio version of Swamp Story?
One Big Question:
To this very day, was there anything more notable in your life than an exploding whale?
He thinks Elvis might still be alive, loves High Noon and has been lost in a corn maze. His book is “Swamp Story”, author Dave Barry thanks for taking the time to talk with us today.
And that my friends is a Beyond the Mic Short Cut.
Listen to other Beyond the Mic conversations with authors here.
Check out Dave Barry at his website here.