We’re joined on the Starline by Kristin Harper, the author of, “The Heart of a Leader: 52 Emotional Intelligence Insights to Advance Your Career.”
Welcome Kristin Harper
Let’s go Beyond the Mic your book gives what some would consider the secrets on leadership. Who inspired you to write this book?
Why do you think lack of emotional intelligence hinders people with their careers?
We’ll talk about the importance of mentoring from the process of being a mentor in a second. Could you tell me who mentored who and made an impact in your life?
We’re joined by Author Kristin Harper Beyond the Mic. You believe in mentoring with your co-founding of Pacesetters Unlimited program . How has this program helped young men and women and in turn helped you?
Kristin,when you first attended Florida A&M did you ever think you would be a member of their Board of Trustees?
I’m forcing you to choose your favorites. If there was a top 3 of your 52 insights, what would they be?
Kristin, The world’s economy has shrunk during this COVID crisis. How should the unemployed tackle this job market?
What has been the biggest change you have had to make during the Coronavirus quarantine? How have you taken the time to improve yourself?
Author Kristin Harper Beyond the Mic. How important is resiliency to you and toward success?
The Rockin’ 8
Time is running out, so it’s time for the Rockin’ 8, 8 random questions, answer with the first thing that comes to your mind.
There is no Pressure.
1. What’s your favorite Sunday Dinner?
2. You are very efficient. What’s the one thing that you find yourself struggling with on a daily basis?
3. I’m going to use a question from your icebreaker section in your own book, describe yourself in three words?
4. That’s cheating, not including family, who is the most important person in your world?
5. Do you remember the last sporting or marching band event you attended with the Florida A&M Rattlers?
6. Favorite type of Hershey’s Kiss?
7. When was the last time you smiled and why?
8. What legacy do you want to leave for others?
She’s a devastating diva from Florida A&M, struggles with biting her nails. She loves cookies & cream Hershey Kisses. She is the author of “The Heart of a Leader: 52 Emotional Intelligence Insights to Advance Your Career.” Kristin Harper thanks for taking the time to talk with me today.
And that my friends, is Beyond the Mic.
Get her book here: