Welcome Jonathan McHugh
We’re joined on the Starline by a director, producer, music supervisor and educator. He’s worked with Snoop, Britney, Biebs and his latest documentary “Long Live Rock” is out now. We welcome Jonathan McHugh.
Brother let’s go Beyond the Mic your love of music is evident, where did you first discover your love of music?
So how much was the ticket at that time?
“Long Live Rock” examines the community of Rock from behind the scenes discussions with musicians and fans. With concert music being silent because of COVID-19 how important was releasing this to bring back a bit of normalcy to those silent arenas and festival areas?
You don’t believe Rock is dead but how has it evolved in the last 20 years?
There is something electric you were able to capture in the movie. Nurses, a woman crowd surfing in her wheelchair…
When you initially made it, there were challenges with deaths as you were beginning to make it. How great was it to finally have it available for people to watch?
The Rockin’ 8:
Time is running out, so it’s time for the Rockin’ 8, 8 random questions, answer with the first thing that comes to your mind.
There is no Pressure.
1. You were an adjunct professor for American University, favorite class you taught?
2. First album you ever bought was?
3. You call yourself a “connector” who’s the last person you texted
4. In 10 words or less what makes a good documentary?
5. First thing you do every morning?
6. Favorite job other than being a doorman on Park Avenue?
7. If you could have any super power what would it be?
8. Which was wilder to make “Cosplay Universe” or “Long Live Rock”?
He once sold Italian Ice right outside the World Trade Center, his first album he ever bought was Led Zeppelin 2 and he always kisses his wife 1st thing in the morning. We thank director, producer, music supervisor and educator Jonathan McHugh for taking the time to talk with us today.
And that my friends is Beyond the Mic.