We’re joined on the Starline by an award-winning sportswriter who has written countless articles, once been threatened by North Carolina coach Roy Williams. His latest effort is “Across the River” we welcome author Kent Babb.
Kent, let’s go Beyond the Mic. As journalists we are supposed to live by the rule of journalistic objectivity. The story you discuss in “Across the River” forces you to tiptoe on that line.
How did Tonka’s death change Edna Karr High School Head Coach Brice Brown?
How did reading the reports of Tonka’s death and his open case haunt you?
The Rockin’ 8:
It’s time for the Rockin’ 8, 8 random questions; answer with the first thing that comes to your mind. There is no Pressure.
1. You once said “Too many of today’s shows have forgotten the art of the random guest star.” Name a show that would be infinitely better with a random guest star?
2. Best head coach of any sport of all time?
3. Favorite cut of steak?
4. Project you want to work on next? .
5. Thanks, person you’ve wanted to interview but never got to yet…
6. Favorite drink
7. One thing that makes you happy
8. When your daughter starts dating, what’s the one sports team her boyfriends can’t root for?
One Big Question with Kent Babb
What impact will Patrick Mahomes have on the Kansas City area in the next 10 years?
His daughter’s boyfriend can’t root for Clemson, loves drinking beer and wants to interview Tiger Woods. His book is “Across the River” available now, we thank Kent Babb for taking the time to talk with us today.
And that my friends is Beyond the Mic.
Get Kent’s Book Here.