Welcome Mary Lynn:
We’re joined on the Starline by an actress, comedian and now author. She was fifth chair flute in high school. You’ve seen her everywhere but according to her new book, she’s just “Fame-ish”. We welcome Mary Lynn Rajskub.
Mary Lynn let’s go Beyond the Mic. You spent the pandemic reevaluating your life and writing your book “Fame-ish”. Why was writing this book important to you?
Your family has always been proud of your achievements, but do you ever look back and think, I still could have been a trucker?
Who was your favorite comedian you loved growing up?
You say in your book, “I see all your comments. I’m in that sweet spot of fame, where sometimes people are literally shaking when they meet me, and other times they’re heckling me at a stand-up show.” How do you balance fame and yet enjoy the anonymity you sometimes want?
The Rockin’ 8:
It’s time for the Rockin’ 8, 8 random questions; answer with the first thing that comes to your mind. There is no Pressure.
1. You love helping shelter animals like your dog Leo. What makes the love of an animal so special for you?
2. Best place you’ve ever done a standup set?
3. How many times do you check social media daily?
4. You taped a comedy special during the pandemic in your garage. Name 1 thing you had to move to prepare it for taping?
5. Charity you love to support?
6. Best thing about your 14 year old son Valentine?
7. Movie you can watch no matter where it is when you turn it on?
8. Favorite TV show that you did that didn’t get the credit you thought it should?
What’s the one thing you left OUT of the book that you think you should have put in now?
One Big Question:
Best memory of your mom.
Where online can people find you and order your book?
Better than leftovers from Cracker Barrel, go out and get “Fame-ish” right now. Mary Lynn Rajskub, thanks for taking the time to talk with us today.
And that my friends is a Beyond the Mic short cut.
Mary Lynn talks about her book on the Tonight Show:
Order your book at Mary Lynn’s Website.
Listen to other Beyond the Mic conversations with author’s here.
Listen to other Beyond the Mic conversations with comedian’s here.