We’re joined on the Starline by an author and lawyer whose books have been translated into more than forty languages. He’s sold more than thirty million copies worldwide. You’ve seen his work on film and on TV. His latest book is “Suspect”. We welcome Scott Turow.
Scott, let’s go Beyond the Mic. Pinky is Sandy Stern’s granddaughter who we met in your book “The Last Trial”. What made her story so important to tell?
Pinky is such a totally different character for you. Character development is in each of your characters is important even for those who may only occupy a moment on that page. Why does that matter to telling a story?
The Rockin’ 8:
It’s time for the Rockin’ 8, 8 random questions; answer with the first thing that comes to your mind. There is no Pressure.
1. Have you ever hired a private investigator yourself?
2. Least favorite class in law school?
3. Other than stalkers, biggest danger for authors?
4. Favorite place in Chicago to think?
5. Finish this sentence, life is too short not to….
6. What’s your golf handicap?
7. Which is worse the snow in Chicago or dodging hurricanes in Florida?
8. Weirdest place you’ve written portions of your books?
Is this her only story or will we see Pinky again?
Scott, is writing enjoyable for you?
What’s your next project?
One Big Question:
Your books have been made into movies and television shows, read around the world. What would you like to be remembered for?
Where can people find you online?
Favorite of all your works?
There will be a new book in the future, has his golf handicap down to 15.9 and hates the cold and gray of winter. His latest book is “Suspect” author Scott Turow thanks for taking the time to talk with us today.
And that my friends is a Beyond the Mic Short Cut.
Listen to other Beyond the Mic conversations with authors here.
Visit Scott Turow online here.