We’re joined on the Starline by a singer raised to love music in her Italian family. She has grown from her origins as a classical pianist and now making her voice the star on Team Kelly as part of Season 19 of NBC’s “The Voice”. We welcome Marisa Corvo.
Let’s go Beyond the Mic. Which is harder, performing at Merkin Hall, Carnegie Hall, Vegas or on “The Voice”?
What lessons have you learned from Kelly?
Coming from you musical family, what advice has your dad given you since you started on this musical road from his experience?
Looking back at 2003 Tottenville high school jazz band, what would you tell yourself then about how close you are to your dreams now?
How has this experience changed you?
The Rockin’ 8
Time is running out, so it’s time for the Rockin’ 8, 8 random questions, answer with the first thing that comes to your mind.
There is no Pressure.
1. Do you miss your Havapoo, Layla?
2. You were talking about your dad earlier… You’ve said on social media “Never give up. Ever. If you love it – live it. Everyday. What words of wisdom do you give to a young performer who sees your success?
3. Favorite classical piece to play?
4. Favorite piece of jewelry? Either
5. What’s one undeniable fact about you?
6. Coming from a big Italian family, what’s the on family dish you missed while on the road?
7. Favorite TV show to binge watch?
8. Are you afraid of the dark?
Was there someone on Team Kelly you bonded with? Plenty of friendships from this shared experience in the future?
Her favorite piece of jewelry is Concord Gold Watch, her Havapoo Layla was the Team Kelly Mascot and binge watched Tiger King / Queen’s Gambit. We thank Marisa Corvo for taking the time to talk with us today.
And that my friends is Beyond the Mic.
Check out Marisa’s Website here
Check out Marisa on Twitter
Listen to conversations from other The Voice Contestants