We’re joined on the Starline by a nurse practitioner by necessity, a quilter to relieve stress, an avid supporter of the Quilts of Valor Foundation. She’s also an award winning author. Her latest romance “Wrapped Up in Christmas Joy” is available now. We welcome Janice Lynn
AGLet’s go Beyond the Mic, “Wrapped Up in Christmas Joy” I can tell was not a typical Janice Lynn book. Is there some of you in this book?
What is so special about Christmas and why is it so perfect for romance?
Being a Nurse Practitioner during the days of COVID-19 has to be hard. How have you and your family surviving while still trying to push a best-selling book?
As I have had COVID and I am still dealing with the side effects of this virus, I thank you for you work.
You once said about entering your first book “Jane Millionaire” in a published author contest; “it’s so hard to put your baby out there to be judged”. How hard is it to put an idea first to paper and then send it out to the ethos for others to read and respond?
And then when you get the judges responses they sometimes aren’t helpful.
And with COVID lockdowns, the entire family is in the house, “Oh, mom’s doing an interview, it’s a great time to see what I can get in the kitchen.”
How hard is it to switch between the sweet romances you write for Hallmark and the medical romances you write for Harlequin? Two vastly different areas
In the difficult times the world faces now, it is good to be able to escape it with a book. How much pressure do you feel when you are a nurse and trying to write during a pandemic? You might have a great idea, but have a shift coming up in four hours.
Raising money for charity is important for you especially since your mom had T-cell lymphoma. How easy or hard is it to take things you see in your life and use them as inspiration for your books? You may have to hug someone as a nurse telling them it’s going to be okay when it might not be okay?
What’s the one misconception about being an author?
And how hard is it when books are available so many places around the world for $8.99 or $12.99 and you might be just getting .50 cents a book?
Being an author isn’t easy and I applaud you for helping authors with sample letters and synopsis. It’s almost a cautionary tale.
How do you harden your heart when the rejection letters can wallpaper your house?
The Rockin’ 8
Time is running out, so it’s time for the Rockin’ 8, 8 random questions, answer with the first thing that comes to your mind.
There is no Pressure.
1. As a nurse practitioner what is the one thing you are scared of?
2. If you had to give up pasta or chocolate for the rest of your life, what would you give up? Really?
3. 3 authors that inspire you? You could get in trouble if you didn’t.
4. Have you ever taken a cruise and where would you want to cruise to next?
5. What is the one craft other than quilting that you enjoy doing?
6. At the end of “Wrapped Up in Christmas Joy” is Dilly Duchess Potatoes recipe. What’s your secret best recipe that everyone raves about? Southern girl at heart!
7. Talk to us about your secret obsession with Matthew McConaughey… you’ve been obsessed with him since 2005
8. When they make “Wrapped Up in Christmas Joy” into a Hallmark Channel movie who plays Sophie and who plays Cole?
Her middle name is Marie, she’d give up chocolate if she could she’d cruise to Alaska if she could. Her book is “Wrapped up in Christmas Joy” available at a bookstore or online now. We thank author Janice Lynn for taking the time to talk with us today!
And that my friends is Beyond the Mic.