Welcome Scott Conant:
We’re joined on the Starline by a chef, judge, author and most importantly a dad. You’ve seen him in Chopped, and host of Chopped Sweets. His latest book is “Peace, Love & Pasta”. We welcome Chef Scott Conant.
Scott, let’s go Beyond the Mic. You wrote this book during quarantine when you were forced to stay off the road and forced in your kitchen at home. How did your family love and hate all the time with you?
How many recipes did you run through and test?
You use olive oil in most of the recipes in the book. What’s your favorite olive oil and where does it come from.
When my wife heard I was talking to you, her only request was “ask him about olive oil”.
Cooking for love is what you want people to do, how has your own love for food changed since you were a first a chef at the Sea Loft?
Which ingredient is under used and needs to be brought back into every household’s daily use?
The Rockin’ 8:
It’s time for the Rockin’ 8, 8 random questions; answer with the first thing that comes to your mind. There is no Pressure.
1. Co-stars on Food Network you are closest with?
2. One of the most important questions from the Rockin’ 8. What’s the proper amount of time to cook fresh and dried pasta so people don’t serve it to you under cooked?
3. What are you allergic to?
4. If you could cook anywhere, where would it be?
5. What’s the 1st thing you notice about other people?
6. Biggest pet peeve?
7. Favorite thing about the holidays?
8. Do you have a scar and how did you get it?
One Big Question
What recipe of yours is it important, if there is one thing your children HAS to perfect before you leave this earth which is it?
How did this special time with your daughters during the pandemic helped prepare them for their future?
Proud to be a #GirlDad?
He was almost a plumber, has a hunger for food and hates people who don’t take responsibility we thank TV star, author and Chef Scott Conant for taking the time to talk with us today.
And that my friends is a Beyond the Mic Short Cut.
Check out Chef Conant’s website here.
Listen to other conversations with authors here.