Welcome Steven Raichlen:
We’re joined on the Starline by author, journalist, James Beard and Julia Child award winner. He’s been called the “Julia Child of BBQ”. His latest book is “How to Grill Vegetables”. We welcome Steven Raichlen.
Steven, let’s go Beyond the Mic. I’ve grilled corn, broccoli and sweet potatoes on the grill. What other veggies may I have been missing?
What’s the sleeper veggie that needs to have time on the grill and maybe longer time than you think for it to shine?
Which recipe that you loved unfortunate cut from the book?
You had the one that you were disappointed with, so what’s your favorite?
Reminds me as a boy scout grilling corn in the coals…why do you grill?
The Rockin’ 8:
It’s time for the Rockin’ 8, 8 random questions; answer with the first thing that comes to your mind. There is no Pressure.
1. Last veggie you grilled?
2. Favorite place to eat in Miami?
3. Alton Brown has issues with it, how do you clean a grill properly?
4. Last TV show you binged watched?
5. You have a degree in French Literature, what’s your favorite piece of French literature?
6. Last time you burned yourself on a grill?
7. What’s your favorite smell?
8. First mistake you made when you started your grilling career and the easiest tip you can give new grillers
One Big Question with Steven Raichlen
Propane / Pellet / Charcoal, which is your favorite?
He loves the smell of wood, wants you to clean your grill right after you cook and last grilled a sweet potato. Author of “How to Grill Vegetables” Steven Raichlen thank you so much for taking the time to talk with us today.
And that my friends is a Beyond the Mic Short Cut.
Check out other conversations with authors here.