Welcome Mona & Sebastian:
We’re joined on the Starline by a young Muslim-American couple on a road trip through the US. One’s a rapper, poet and chaplain, the other an assistant professor and CEO of the Lama Foundation. We welcome Mona Haydar and Sebastian Robins.
Mona & Sebastian, let’s go Beyond the Mic. “The Great Muslim American Road Trip” details your 3000 mile journey across Route 66. You visit authors, entrepreneurs and more trying to unpack the diversity of Muslims in the US. How challenging was this to put together?
As you went on this road trip from Chicago to LA, where were you most welcomed and least welcomed?
This series will show the fun and challenges on this trip. With the world divided so easily now, how do we come together again?
The Rockin’ 8:
“The Great Muslim American Road Trip” is on PBS. It’s time for the Rockin’ 8, 8 random questions; answer with the first thing that comes to your mind. There is no Pressure. As we have two guests will alternate questions.
1. Mona, best Wu-Tang Song?
2. Sebastian, what helps you keep things in perspective?
3. Mona, Favorite thing from Flint?
4. Sebastian, if you could make a care package for your enemy, what one thing would you put into it?
5. Mona, where and how good was your first date?
6. Sebastian, best thing about Safi?
7. Mona, what’s the one thing he does that drive you crazy?
8. Sebastian, which sustainable crop is the one you wish farms would accept easier than they do?
One Big Question:
What’s the biggest misconception about your faith?
Will there be a “Great Muslim American Road Trip 2?”
He’s hands on, she loves her artists community in Flint and they would give carrot cake to their enemy. The “Great Muslim American Road Trip” is showing on PBS. Mona Haydar & Sebastian Robins thanks for taking the time to talk with us today.
And that my friends is Beyond the Mic Short Cut.
Check out other conversations in television here.