We’re joined on the Starline by singer, songwriter, drummer and Liverpool Soccer club fanatic. Drummer for Hootie & the Blowfish releasing his memoir “Swimming with the Blowfish” we welcome Jim Sonefeld.
Sone, let’s go Beyond the Mic. You experimented with drugs since you were 14. The rock & roll lifestyle came easy to you. How did quitting your first band Bachelors of Art change the way you looked at music.
You’ve had the high of highs winning music awards and national tours, but the lows, they were low. Jim, how has your resiliency help you from finding a darker path?
Famous blond locks gone, do you miss em?
The Rockin’ 8:
It’s time for the Rockin’ 8, 8 random questions; answer with the first thing that comes to your mind. Jim there is no Pressure.
1. Do you still have your 1st drum set?
2. Favorite game to play with your family?
3. Which is better, the World Cup or the Champions League Finals?
4. One person you haven’t played with shared a stage with but you’d like to?
5. Favorite song to sing in the shower?
6. One possession you’d rescue if your house was on fire?
7. Favorite cartoon growing up?
8. If you could be God for one day, what’s the 1st thing you’d do?
One Big Question:
“…you can love it or you can hate, but don’t ever try to deny it” How has music been the glue to your life?
What do you have to say to your fans?
We are all flawed in one way or another so, what do you want people to get out of your memoir?
How has your melded family stood by you on this path? What do you have to say to them
His favorite cartoon is beetle bailey and would love sharing the stage with Elton John. His book is “Swimming with the Blowfish”. We thank Jim Sonefeld for taking the time to talk with us today.
And that my friends is a Beyond the Mic Short Cut.
Listen to other BTM conversations with authors here.
Listen to other BTM conversations with other musicians here.