We’re joined on the Starline by a chef, author, restaurateur, born into the first family of Thai food and now host of Food Network’s Halloween Cookie Challenge. We welcome Jet Tila.
Jet, let’s go Beyond the Mic. What’s the best thing about Rosanne Pansino?
Four cookie experts, 90 minutes on the clock for some of these challenges. How easy or hard is it, for these competitor to wilt under the lights and pressure of the camera?
As you have grown from the kid doing homework in the restaurant to the cook that everyone depended on, how have you evolved? How does your history help with this show?
What’s your favorite cookie?
The Rockin’ 8:
It’s time for the Rockin’ 8, 8 random questions; answer with the first thing that comes to your mind. There is no Pressure.
1. Favorite of Iron Chef America, Parts Unknown with Anthony Bourdain, Chopped, Cutthroat Kitchen, Beat Bobby Flay, and Guy’s Grocery Games?
2. You get a phone call at 3 A.M. from the Sheriff’s Office. Who are you bailing out?
3. One thing that always makes you laugh?
4. What one culinary recipe is your nemesis?
5. Best thing about a dog?
6. Between Guy and Alton, who gets you in more trouble?
7. One thing you don’t like to eat?
8. What’s the best thing about your wife Allison?
One Big Question:
What’s the one challenge from Halloween Cookie Challenge that you would struggle with?
Why should people watch?
Guy gets him in trouble, can’t bake a brownie and the best thing about his wife is everything. We thank Chef Jet Tila from Halloween Cookie Challenge on the Food Network for taking the time to talk with us today.
And that my friends is a Beyond the Mic Short Cut.
Listen to other Beyond the Mic conversations with chefs here.
Listen to other Beyond the Mic conversations with television personalities here.