We’re joined on the Starline by the cofounder and president of Axios. Executive producer of the Emmy Award-winning docu-news series “Axios on HBO”. His latest book he co-wrote is “Smart Brevity”, we welcome author Roy Schwartz.
Roy, let’s go Beyond the Mic. Your company has embraced the term Smart Brevity so much, it’s even the name of the guest wifi. Why are some people so against it?
What was the one thing you were doing wrong before you discovered Smart Brevity?
Why use a three syllable word when a two syllable word would suffice? “Once you kick the bad habits, start new healthy ones” – What was your bad habit you kicked?
The Rockin’ 8:
It’s time for the Rockin’ 8, 8 random questions; answer with the first thing that comes to your mind. There is no Pressure.
1. Best memory from the Robert H Smith School of Business at Maryland?
2. Do you have a scar and how did you get it?
3. Favorite moment from the last time you did a Dog Tag Bakery Fundraising event?
4. Place you take the family on vacation?
5. What TV show do you always watch reruns of?
6. Last movie you watched?
7. What band do you find timeless?
8. A friend once described you as “innovative, collaborative and always a leader in sales.” But, what is one thing you can’t do?
One Big Question:
How have Kelly, Hudson and Landon made you a better man?
Has the 140 character society changed the world for better or worse?
How have you evolved since you implemented Smart Brevity in your life?
Has a scar from falling out of a window, loves go to the Caribbean, but would never jump out of plane. His book is Smart Brevity: The Power of Saying More with Less” Author Roy Schwartz thanks for taking the time to talk with us today.
And that my friends is a Beyond the Mic Short Cut.
Listen to other Beyond the Mic conversations with authors here.