We’re joined on the Starline by director of the documentary “The Other Fellow” the previously untold story of people actually named James Bond. We welcome Matthew Bauer and one of the Bond’s himself, James Bond Junior.
Matthew, James, let’s go Beyond the Mic.
Matthew, why was this story so intriguing for you to tell and where did this concept come from?
James, when you found out about the film, what were your first thoughts?
Matthew, how many stories of people named James Bond could you have put into this film?
And you even have a child change his name so he could hide in plain sight. There are so many stories that aren’t happy. You start to feel about these characters?
James, what is the current status of your court case against you?
How does that feel?
How does it feel James to get another chance to start your life over again?
The Rockin’ 8:
It’s time for the Rockin’ 8, 8 random questions; answer with the first thing that comes to your mind. There is no Pressure. Since we have two guests, we’ll alternate questions.
1. James, since you like being call The Dark Knight, who’s your favorite batman?
2. Matthew, where is your favorite film festival and why?
3. James, what’s the most important thing about your family?
4. Matthew, what’s your favorite James Bond film?
5. James, what was your first meal when you left prison?
6. Matthew, what’s your favorite comfort food?
7. James, what does freedom mean to you?
8. Matthew, what does your art mean to you?
One Big Question:
When people see this film, what do you want them to feel?
Where can people find out more about the film?
The film is “The Other Fellow”. We thank director Matthew Bauer and James Bond Junior for taking the time to talk with us today.
And that my friends is a Beyond the Mic Short Cut.
Check out the documentary’s website for “The Other Fellow” here.
Check out other Beyond the Mic conversations about documentaries here.
Listen to other Beyond the Mic conversations with directors here.